Hill Tide Partners is currently searching for a Real Estate Development Financial Analyst. This is a full-time position located in Charleston, SC.____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Assists the firm’s principals and several regional development officers in various phases of the development process. Assist with all aspects of the development of a transaction from site identification through initial due diligence, underwriting, closing, construction, and lease-up. The ideal candidate will be local to the Southeast or already moving to Charleston and would have two years’ experience in a corporate setting. Ultimately the successful candidate will value the flexibility and variable nature of responsibilities that come along with joining a small firm.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the development of a transaction from identification through due diligence, underwriting, closing, construction, and rent-up, and turnover to operations.
- Conduct independent financial underwriting/modeling/analysis of potential transactions.
- Prepare executive summaries of transactions including key risks/strengths for submittal to senior management for project approval.
- Travel to sites, from time to time, to assess marketability and risks.
- Organize, assemble, and submit documents required for equity and loan approvals.
- Prepare funding requests for loan and equity draws.
- Interface with auditors.
- Prepare and maintain financial models for all transactions.
- Review engineering, environmental studies, and other third-party reports.
- Maintain marketing plan, company and affiliate company websites and social media presence.
- Maintain and improve company database.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated intellectual excellence.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team-focused, polite, and honest attitude.
- Superior communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible and production-oriented environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel.
- Desire to learn about real estate investments and developments.
This position may act as a lead or mentor to junior staff and/or interns.
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday. Flexibility in hours is encouraged, and, as an exempt position, there will be times when work hours will extend beyond 40 in a week.